1. Name, phone #, and e-mail. Blog address. Please take a "selfie" and include it on your blog.
Brandon Mulkey, 903-274-6296
2. What’s your major? What year will you graduate?
Visual communications with emphasis in new media, 2018
3. Why did you choose a photography class (or photography as a major), and what do you hope to learn from school in general and this class specifically?
Considering that my major is Digital Media I hope to learn more pertaining to my major, and also get more practice for what I already know.
4. What are your goals after graduation? Please list your goals in reverse order, starting five years out, then three, two, one, and six months.
I hope to be settled in a job by five years from graduation. By then I also should have all my debt payed off. I actually want to have a graphic design job coming out of college. It's an optimistic goal, but I feel that I'm passionate enough about what I do that I should have a great CV by then, and can easily find a job doing what I love.
5. What artists, musicians, photographers, writers, movies, books have influenced you/your work?
Esao Andrews, Valerie Hegarty, John Currin
Matty Healy, Kyle Soto
6. Where do you get information about current national and international events?
Predominantly YouTube, and Tumblr.
7. Are there any important websites that you are referencing for art/photo competitions and/or information?
8. What museums and/or galleries have you been to in the past year?
The Nasher Sculpture Museum, Dallas Art Museum, Dallas Contemporary
9. Have you had any photo projects and/ or training in the past?
I've mainly self taught myself in several Adobe programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and Flash.
10. What is the value of art for the artist?
The value of art is held in the artist's own personal views, and how they express them, but also be inspired by others work that impacts their life.
11. What is the value of art for the audience?
I feel the value of art to the audience is what they take from it, not just the visual of it, but the message of the piece.
12. Is photography a vocation or an avocation?
13. What is your passion?
My passion is what I'm majoring in. I thoroughly enjoy editing most media. It takes my strengths of technology, and art to make what I believe to be the perfect occupation for me.
14.What are you afraid of? What makes you uncomfortable?
I'm afraid of most typical things like extreme heights, bees/wasps. As far as being uncomfortable nothing
15. Do you have a passport?
16. Why did you sign up for this class? What do you hope to learn from it?
I hope to learn more pertaining to my major, and also get more practice for what I already know.